CommuniCorp is excited to welcome on board Sharon Bent, joining our experienced team as a Principal Consultant Psychologist. Having consulted to CommuniCorp for several years, Sharon has now taken on an executive leadership position and will be heavily involved with national CommuniCorp operations and service delivery.
Sharon is a highly skilled organisational psychologist and coach with over 20 years experience facilitating groups and training programs in a wide variety of organisations including the NSW Parliament, Westpac, Herbert Smith Freehills, CSIRO, University of Sydney, National Measurement Institute, AstraZeneca, Telstra, Ageing Disability and Home Care, State Water, TransGrid, Australia Council for the Arts, National Prescribing Service, GE Finance, ING, University of Western Australia, Grand Pacific Health Pty Ltd, RailCorp, Commonwealth Rehabilitation Service, South Eastern and Southern NSW Area Health Services, and Sydney Airport Corporation to name a few. An expert coach and master coach trainer, Sharon draws on evidence-based tools from coaching and positive psychology to engage, motivate and inspire managers and leaders, to be and do their very best.
Sharon’s special interests involve developing a wide range of workplace and professional capabilities including high level motivating and influencing, organisational flourishing, resilience, management of complex people issues, psychological risk management, conflict savviness, high performance teams and maximising job-person fit. Her expertise in translating complex psychological principles into plain language practical strategies, coupled with her engaging and playful facilitation style, means that she is a highly sought after practitioner, particularly when the learning messages are challenging to receive and implement.
Sharon has a Masters of Applied Science (Organisational Psychology), Graduate Diploma in Applied Science (Coaching Psychology) and Bachelor of Arts (Honours) Psychology Major. She is an Adjunct Supervisor (Placement) at Macquarie University and an active member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), College of Organisational Psychologists, Interest Group in Coaching Psychology and International Positive Psychology Association. She has also served on the Australian Psychological Society’s National Ethics Committee, contributing to the maintenance of high ethical and professional conduct amongst psychologists across Australia - a voluntary position for which she was nominated by her peers.
- Graduate Diploma Applied Science (Coaching Psychology) University of Sydney
- Master of Applied Psychology (Organisational Psychology) University of New South Wales
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours), Psychology major University of Wollongong
- Registered Psychologist – Registration No. PSY0001138870
- Australian Psychological Society (APS): College of Organisational Psychologists
- APS Interest Group in Coaching Psychology International Positive Psychology Association
- Senior Consultant Psychologist, CommuniCorp
- Consultant Psychologist, Master Coach Trainer, Hudson Talent Management
- Organisational Psychologist and Mediator, Davidson Trahaire
- Consultant Psychologist, Industrial Psychology Consultants
- Executive Director, Cumberland Health and Research Centre, University of Sydney